1/14/2013

Bow-utiful Crochet Slippers



These slippers are super comfy and easy to make. They're perfect to make as gifts for your friends and family or you can even make a couple for yourself! The following instructions will show you how to make a pair that fit a size 71/2 - 8 adult foot. If you want to make bigger or smaller sizes you can add or take away rows in the sole to make the slipper longer or shorter.

Be sure to let me know if there are any errors or if you have any questions. =)

Size 5.00mm crochet needle
Worsted weight yarn

Toe 
Row 1: Chain 2; work 12 double crochet stitches in ring; slipstitch to join work to the chain 2 stitch at the beginning of the round

'Chain 2'

'Slipstitch to to join work...chain 1'
Row 2: Chain 2; double crochet once into first stitch; double crochet twice into each of the following stitches; slipstitch to join round; (23 stitches)

Row 3 - 10: Chain 2; 1 double crochet in each stitch all the way around; slip stitch to join round

Beginning of the toe
Sole
Row 11: Chain 2; double crochet once in each stitch 16 times; chain 1 and turn

Forming the sole
Row 12 - 18: double crochet once in each stitch 16 times; chain 1 and turn

The Sole
Heel
Row 19: Slipstitch into each of the next 8 stitches. If you aren’t sure how to do that go HERE

Slip stitch into the next 8 stitches
Fold your sole in half and with the inside of the shoe facing you slip stitch the front and back pieces together to create the heel; chain one to finish.




Now you will be crocheting around the mouth of the slipper (that’s the part that you stick your foot into).

Row 1: Double crochet all the way around the mouth of the slipper (30 stitches); slipstitch to join the round

'Double crochet all the way around the mouth of the slipper'
Row 2: Chain 2; Double crochet 10 stitches; single crochet 10 stitches; double crochet 10 stitches; slipstitch to join the round

Row 3: Chain 1; Single crochet all the way around the mouth of the slipper (30 stitches); slipstitch to join the round; fasten off and weave in ends

Your completed slipper!
Now, with your completed slipper the options are endless!

You can add:
- a button
- a flower,
- a bow,
- a strap
ruffles
pom poms 
or you can just leave your slippers plain. I chose to go with the bow!

To create the bow...

Row 1: Chain 10; double crochet in the second chain from hook; double crochet in the following 9 stitches; chain 1 and turn

Row 2 - 4: double crochet in each of the ten stitches; chain 1 and turn.

After the 4th row, fasten off and weave in your ends. Cut a 10 inch piece of yarn and wrap it around the center of your crocheted rectangle to create a bow. Attach to your slipper wherever your little heart desires!


Slipper with completed bow attached
And that's about it! It took me about 2 and a half hours to complete these slippers from start to finish. I hope you enjoyed this pattern and found it easy to follow! Thanks for reading!

Rachel.





26 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm in the process of making these slippers, but I was curious: Where did you get that hook?? It looks like it would be heavenly to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lora! I hope your slippers came out as you hoped! =) My crochet needle was actually given to me as a gift, but they can be found here...

    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=addi+swing+hook&_sacat=0&_from=R40

    and here...

    http://www.skacelknitting.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.53555/.f

    Let me know if you have any other questions! Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normally with double crochets you chain two at the first of each rounds itba mistake or is it really chain one. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry, it is supposed to be chain 2 - I will make the change.

      Thank you!

      Delete
    2. All of my books tells me to chain 3 when working with DC, and it counts as the first DC.
      Betty

      Delete
  4. This is wonderful!!! Love that u put pictures!!! I wish all patterns were posted like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So glad you enjoyed the pictures =)

      Delete
  5. Totally fun to make! Thank you! I posted a picture on my blog : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet! Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  6. I followed your directions, using worsted yarn and a #5 hook but my first slipper ended up being around a size 13! My foot is a size 10 and it was about 2 inches too long for me, so I dropped from 27 to 23 rows and made my last two rows: 5 dc, 7sc, 5 dc. this gave my end a little bit of a U shape and got rid of the huge heel pocket the straight fold produced. In addition to that, I couldnt figure out how to get only 40 stitches around the mouth of the slippers even with the reduced rows, so I did the 44 I had and then reduced in the corners during round 2. One slipper took me about 2 hours with all the missteps. My bow looked nothing like yours, so I am going to guess that you used a finer or silkier yarn than mine which probably also contributed to the excessively large length.
    Overall this is a good guide and easy to read, but it was a horrible "pattern". Every time you said chain one, I just did two cause my tension required it. At one point I wondered if you really meant single crochet everytime you said double. That might have fixed the size and given me more of a ballet shape than the ankle sock fit...
    I am more of an on-the-fly crocheter so my end product turned out pretty cute in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry that the pattern didn't work out! But glad to hear that you were able to salvage the project and have a cute end result =) I will have to revisit this pattern...

      Delete
    2. Did you use US or UK crochet terms? That would explain the discrepancy in size for some.

      Delete
  7. I love this pattern simple and easy to follow! Now all my friends want me too make them some. Bow turned out amazing. You might want to sow people how to fold the bow to get it to look like yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to thank you so much for sharing these patterns like you do. It helps those of us that are just starting out and helps save money.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel, are the crochet terms American or European? Love the pattern and can't wait to try. I think I would like a pair to match my nightclothes. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful design and pattern.The search for slippers is finished after looking your blog
    Thanks for sharing the useful information

    Men Shoes UK

    Thanks
    Barker Marine

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this crochet clog pattern , I know how to crochet but had no idea on a pattern . Thank you for this video making it so easy to follow you .

    Regards
    Barker Marine

    Men Shoes UK

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These definitely look very comfortable and stylish! I recently picked up knitting as a hobby. I'm getting better at it but I still have yet to try and knit slippers. I know there are plenty of slippers for women out there on the market today but I wouldn't mind doing this as a diy project as well. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  14. For the beginning ring, how did you start that? Magic circle?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant, thank you! Only thing: I found it necessary to work more than 18 rows and at that point, was better to measure against foot, stretching a little, to get the right size. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these! I used a half double crochet on rows 3-10 to make it a little warmer. I love that you give different options on what to decorate them with. Great pattern, thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi
    I am trying to crochet the slippers but don't under stand row 11. chain 2, double crochet once in each stitch 16 times. Does this mean crochet 16 rows?

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great pattern and I am using it to make slippers for everyone in my family this Christmas. I did run across a problem on the first slipper I made. I double crocheted like the pattern said and it did look more like a sock. After looking closer at the pictures I used a half-double crochet instead and it worked much better! Thank-you for the great pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. there is something wrong and I cant quite figure it out. but throughout the pattern you say you use dc, but the first 10 rows look like they should hdc or sc. your first 10 or so rows, maybe 13, look a lot shorter than mine do and I used dc's. I love these and am making them for a friend. but I feel like there is something not exactly right.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My slippers turned out nice. Tweaked a little but overall nice pattern. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete